CMC, the first indigenous religious congregation for women in the Syro Malabar Church, was founded as the Third Order of Carmelites Discalced on February 13th 1866 at Koonammauv, Kerala.
The founder of CMC is Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara (1805-1871) who was then, the vicar general of the Syrians and one of the founders & the first prior general of the first indigenous congregation for men Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). Very Rev. The great event of the Unification of the above independent segments...
Here comes a Jubilee that shares a refreshed spirit of joy and fellowship with all the children of the c m c. It recalls to our minds the sweet remembrance of the union of th... Read More »